Police Authorised The Burial Of Timothy Adegoke - Vanguard for The Truth
1 month ago
Crime / Law
- Top Stories
A non-governmental organisation, Vanguard for The Truth Foundation which has been conducting an independent investigation into the case of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Timothy Adegoke Oludare has again revealed some shocking new facts chiefly among which is that contrary to what was being peddled in the media that the staff of the hotel where Timothy Adegoke died took his corpse to a location within the hotel premises and buried him in a shallow grave under the supervision of the owners son Raheem Adedoyin, the deceased was actually buried by Local Government Health officials under the supervision of the officers of the Nigeria Police
Mr Adewale Aderibigbe the spokesperson of the Vanguard for the Truth Foundation said the Foundation has unearthed some new incontrovertible evidences which included statements of witnesses as well as photographs which lend credence to this.
According to him, based on discreet independent investigation we have discovered some new and incontrovertible evidences that;
1. Timothy Adegoke who has been a regular lodger of the hotel was observed not to have come out since he lodged that particular weekend. This made the hotel staff to knock and when that failed severally without any response from Timothy, they got a spare key to open the door and found his body lifeless. Out of fear the body was dumped by the road side without the top management of hotel in the know, far away from the premises of the hotel by the hotel staff on the 6th of November.
2. Some passer-by saw the corpse of Timothy Adegoke by the road side and called the attention of one Chief Ajiroba who is a prominent personality around the area. We were reliably informed that the Chief hurriedly placed a call to both the Police Area Commander and the DPO covering Ife Central local government area to alert them of what they saw.
3. On the 9th of November, 2021, three days after the body was dumped, the Police bosses at Ife Area Command called on the Ife Central Local Government Health Department and gave them clearance to bury the corpse, later identified as Timothy Adegoke found by the road side.
4. The Ife Central Local Government Health staff took their tools, fumigated the body at the spot where it was dumped contrary to the narrative that the deceased was buried in the hotel premises. The Local Government officials engaged the services of two dark skinned Hausa labourers (Danladi Ibrahim and Mohammed Danjuma) who digged the shallow grave Timothy was buried.
5. The police had knowledge of and authorised the burial of Timothy Adegoke
6. The Ife Central Local Government Health Department having gotten a clearance from the police buried Timothy Adegoke on the 9th of November, 2021 at the spot where the Police later exhumed his corpse for investigation and not the hotel staff as being rumoured.
The Vanguard for the Truth Foundation therefore appealed to the police to do a thorough investigation on this case and come clean regarding the above newly released evidences for the sake of Justice for all. The Foundation also urged the general public to exercise patience and wait for the autopsy result from the Nigeria Police to ascertain the cause of Timothy Adegoke's death and asked the authorities to prevail on social media platforms to stop their public trial of the case.