Governor Ganduje Speaks On "Dollar" Video, Vows To Deal With Those Behind It
1 month ago
Opinion / Stories
- Top Stories
Abdullahi Ganduje, the Governor of Kano State, has once again said the 2018 video in which he was seen pocketing wads of dollars presented to him as a bribe is a manipulated one.
The Daily Nigerian newspaper had published the now-viral video three years ago, with many calling out the governor for alleged involvement in corruption at the time.
But speaking on Friday during a BBC Hausa programme, Ganduje said the video was manipulated, adding that "those behind it would be brought to shame soon".
He stated, "The video is fake, and we are making ready to show that. But I cannot preempt what we're doing concerning that. I am assuring you this video is faux, and all those which are at the back of it might be placed to shame."
The motion pictures that had been serially posted in 2018 by way of Daily Nigerian were said to have been recorded in 2017.
The governor had immediately defined the video as 'cloned' and sued the newspaper's writer, Jafar Jafar.
The newspaper alleged that the dollars have been part of a $five million the governor received from a government contractor.
In the target audience participatory programme of the BBC Hausa, the governor additionally spoke back to multiple questions from Kano residents on his government's regulations on the privatisation of public asset.
Ganduje stated rumours that his management become promoting off land plots at historic sites inclusive of the town walls are mischievous.
He stated the federal authorities owns such places and that the nation government can't tamper with them.
He said the government handiest allotted land to citizens to build shops in the front of the partitions.[NewsNaira]